Best Electric Start Portable Generator
Having a portable generator is such a great thing, especially for your whole house back up or other outdoor activities. It is even more convenient if your generator has an electric start circuit. The electric start feature eliminates the necessity of you pulling the recoil start cord to have the engine running.
The circuit design is in a manner that, with a simple push of the power button, the generator begins the production of electric power.
Most of these electric generators have a high degree of reliability in that they do not have a tiring or complicated start procedure. Also, most of them are huge and can produce lots of electric power, as specified in the wattage ratings.
However, there are a variety of these electric start generators in the market. Getting to know one that would adequately serve your needs may prove hectic, especially if you are not very conversant with several generator features.
Reading through this resourceful article on the best electric start portable generators is all you need to make an informed purchase of the generator you need.
All Power America APGG12000GL 12000-Watt Electric Start Portable Generator
- 12000 watt peak power, 9000 watt rated power(GAS); 9500 watt peak power, 7250 watt rated power(LPG)
- 18HP 459cc OHV air cooled Engine; Running time: 10 hrs @ 1/2 load
- Fuel capacity: 8 gallons; Operating Noise Level: 76 dB; Electric Start Button & Recoil Start
- 2x 120V AC 20A outlets, 1x 120V twist-lock AC 30A outlet, 1x 120/240V twist-lock AC 30A outlet, 1x AC 120V/240V AC 50A Outlet; Includes hour meter,...
- EPA Certified. Non C. A. R. B. Compliant, not available to ship to California
The 12000W electric start portable generator by All Power America is a machine to provide undeniable power. This lightweight, portable generator is perfect for carrying along when tailgating, camping, or even as your mobile home or house backup.
Its peak and running wattage makes machine powerful. Also, the APGG12000GL runs on 459cc air-cooled engine. It is convenient to start using a simple push on the electric start. The generator is less noisy compared to others of its type and capacity.
You can comfortably rely on this generator for the 8 gallons full tank of gas, and half the load can sustain it for 10 hours. Also, you can use either propane or gas as the fuel, depending on its availability.
Powerful: The APGG12000GL electric start generator is powerful enough to supply electrical power to your devices and appliances during power outages or other outdoor activities. Its 459cc O.H.V. engine ensures that the motor runs smoothly for a continuous supply of electric power. This All Power America machine has a power rating of 12000 watts at peak and running wattage of 9000W while on gasoline, and 7250W when using propane.
Long-running time: The eighteen horsepower and 459cc engine can sustain the generator running for about 10 hours without overheating. The APGG12000GL generator design incorporates an air cooling system that ensures that the engine does not overheat. Also, the large fuel tank supports the long runtime of the engine. You can comfortably have the generator running overnight without worries that it will go off.
Multiple Start Options: The APGG12000GL by All Power America comes with multiple starting options. You can either use the electric start button or use the recoil to start to have the engine running. Therefore, if pulling the recoil start is not your option, you can comfortably ignite the engine using the power button. However, the recoil start serves as a backup plan to start the generator in case the battery is low due to long storage.
Portability: This electric start dual fuel generator is highly portable. You can easily use its durable handle to pull it and have the non-flat plastic wheels roll in any terrain. You do not have to worry about how to make your connections for the generator can be easily move to your preferred place.
DuroMax XP5500EH 5000 Watt Electric Start Portable Generator
- Plenty of Power – With 5,500 starting watts and 4,500 running watts, this unit can handle heavy loads, from lights and a refrigerator to a home air...
- Dual Fuel Technology – This generator runs on gasoline or propane, giving you the freedom and flexibility of fuel choice
- Powerful Engine – The DuroMax 224cc OHV engine is a workhorse that provides plenty of power to handle multiple jobs, from powering high voltage...
- MX2 Technology - Get the maximum power from each of the 120-volt receptacles. Choose between operating the generator at both 120V and 240V...
- Fully Featured Power Panel – The power panel includes a wide selection of outlets for maximum compatibility in your applications including: (2) 120V...
This XP5500EH electric start generator by DuroMax is among the most impressive and unique generators the company has produced. Powered by a propane or gasoline-powered engine, the dual-fuel ability added to the 5000W peak is among the factors that allow the generator to become favorable for every use.
If you require an easy and reliable starting generator, this DuroMax series is what you need as you can either use the E-Z recoil start or the keyed electric start. The generator is also CARB and E.P.A. complaint and its usage approved in every American State.
Powerful: A 225cc O.H.C. engine powers the XP5500EH generator. The 7.5 horsepower DuroMax engine consistently runs the motor for optimal power supply. The use of DuroMax MX2 technology in the design of this generator offers maximum power from every output. You also have the liberty of choosing between the 120 or 240 voltage simultaneously, or settle for 120 volts with optimum power.
Easy Starting: This generator is designed to offer reliable starting. You can choose to use either the electric start option by turning the ignition key, or pull the E-Z recoil start. You do not have to worry when away from home for every child can start the generator by a simple twitch of the key. You are assured of having your generator running even when the battery to power the electric start system is low.
Dual-fuel technology: Using this generator offers you flexibility and freedom of choosing a fuel of your choice between propane and gasoline. It is this ability that puts the generator user at an advantage of using either of the fuel depending on its availability. Propane is considered a cleaner source of energy as compared to gasoline. Also, propane has a longer shelf life, so you can buy and keep it at your home for long.
Durability: Every part of this generator is made of genuine, sourced materials. As a result, this unit is durable enough to run various tools and gadgets used as construction sites, camping facilities, or tailgating. DuroMax is known to design and thoroughly test its units. There are no corners cut during the making or design of this XP5500EH portable generator.
WEN DF475T Dual-Fuel 4750-Watt Electric Start Portable
- Switch between gasoline (4750 surge watts, 3800 running watt) and propane (4350 surge, 3500 running) with the simple turn of the selection dial
- Voltage easily goes from 120V to 240V, perfect for transfer switches and emergency backup
- Electric start powers the 224cc 4-stroke OHV engine with the turn of a key
- 4-gallon tank provides up to 11 hours of half load run time
- Includes two 120V GFCI outlets (5-20R), a 120V/240V NEMA 30A twist lock (L14-30R), a 12V DC cigarette-lighter-style plug, a bottle of oil, a wheel and...
WEN has a reliable solution to light up your life, whether you are providing electricity at home during power interruptions or running appliances and charging devices at a camping site.
This WEN DF475T electric start portable generator offers enough power by running on either propane or gasoline as selected using the fuel switch.
You also conveniently power it by a simple turn of its ignition key. The 224cc engine fitted on the strong raised frame, and covered by a 4 gallons fuel tank, can run the generator for about 11 hours while on half its rated load.
Dual-fuel technology: WEN 4750-Watt machine comes with a fuel switch for you to adjust, which between propane and gasoline should run the 224cc engine. Propane offers 4350W power surge and 3500W running wattage while gas provides 4750W surge and 3800W running wattage. This power is enough to sustain your appliances at home during an emergency or while camping or tailgating.
Power Outlets: This electric start generator can a packed control panel that features multiple power outputs. You can use the 5-20R or 120V G.F.C.I. power outlets, L14-30R twist lock, or the 12V direct current cigarette-lighter-style plug. Adjusting your voltage to either 240V or 120V depending on your tasks is also easy. It is easy to power your refrigerator, power tools, T.V., and other essential appliances.
Portability:This 105.8 pounds generator comes with a handle and wheel kit that makes its transportation more manageable. The incorporated 47-inch propane hose grants for immediate connections of the generator to the propane tanks. Assembling every part is easy as it comes packed with an easy to read and detailed operators manual.
DuroMax XP12000EH Electric Start Portable Generator
- Powerful DuroMax Engine: the XP12000EH is powered by a DuroMax, 457cc OHV engine.
- Dual fuel technology: the ability to run on propane or gasoline allows the freedom and flexibility of fuel choice.
- Plenty of power: with 12,000 starting watts and 9, 500 running watts, This unit can handle heavy loads from lights and a refrigerator to a home air...
- Maximum power: with DuroMax MX2 technology, get the maximum power from each of the 120 volt receptacle. Choose between operating the generator at both...
- Powering everyone anywhere: like all DuroMax generators, the XP12000EH is EPA and CARB approved For use in all 50 States.
The DuroMax XP12000EH, one of the energy beasts in the market, is a perfect choice for your home backup in case of emergencies, for it gives optimal versatility. This hybrid 12000 watts electric start portable generator is enough to offer you comfort to withstand every storm.
The machine can provide 8 hours runtime with half of its load and powered by propane. The eighteen horsepower 457cc engine, compact panel, versatility, and portability are among the many reasons this generator is the perfect choice for you.
Design:The design of this generator expresses high levels of skills, without any cutting of corners. The XP12000EH hybrid portable generator by DuroMax is made with a heavy-duty steel frame, which makes it sturdy enough to last even at the toughest job sites. It also has two no-flat plastic tires and a soft handle for more effortless movement. The four points of isolated motor bases offer a smooth, quiet running of the engine.
Power Outlets: This XP12000EH electric start generator is purposely made to provide plenty of power. The 457cc 18HP O.H.V. engine, built with dual-fuel technology, generates 9500 running and 12000 peak watts. This high power is then enhanced by the MX2 technology optimal outputs to handle heavy loads. You can easily adjust the output voltage using the 120/240V switch.
Safety & reliability: Designed for easy, safe, and reliable operations, the XP12000EH generator comes with a user-friendly electric start. The generator making also factored chances of having the battery drained and incorporated the recoil pull start. Its solid tires are never to run flat. Some of its fitted protective features include the exhaust muffler for noise reduction, built-in spark arrestor, low-oil warning light and shutdown, voltmeter, and circuit breaker.
All Power America APGG10000GL 10000W Electric Start Portable Generator
- Important note: all shipments require a working phone Number to schedule delivery and proper Address for the unit to be shipped out, or your order may...
- 10000 watt peak power, 8000 watt rated power(GAS); 8500 watt peak power, 7000 watt rated power(LPG)
- 15 HP 420cc OHV air cooled engine. Runs 11 hrs @ 1/2 load
- Fuel Capacity: 8 gallons; Operating Noise level: 76 dB; Electric start button & recoil start
- 4x AC Duplex 120V outlets; 1x 120v twist-lock outlet; 1x 120/240V twist-lock outlet; 1x 12V DC
Thinking of a generator for your emergency power needs and backups, you have the APGG10000GL by All Power America. This 10000W rated electric start generator is a package of everything you need to sustain a smooth run of your activities at home, construction, and campsites.
Its design results in a sturdy and powerful machine. The 420cc engine of this powerful generator can run using propane and gasoline.
Multiple Start Options: The All Power America generator comes with multiple starting options. You can either use the electric start button or use the recoil to start to have the engine running. Therefore, you can comfortably ignite the engine using the power button when pulling the recoil start proves impossible to you. The recoil start serves as a backup plan to start the generator in case the battery is low due to long storage.
Powerful: The APGG10000GL electric start generator is powerful to keep your home, and other appliances running like power was never disrupted. It is rated at 8000W and 10000W peak wattage when running on gas and 7000W and 8500W running and peak wattage respectively, when using propane. Such high power can stand many energy-consuming devices.
Runtime: Every machine's runtime is determined by its ability to self-cool without needing to shut it off and the fuel availability. In this case, the generator 15 H.P. engine is air-cooled and can run up to 11 hours while at half of its specified load. Its 8-gallons fuel tank is highly beneficial, for you can take your time before thinking of a refill.
Why is the engine not starting?
There are several reasons why the engine may fail to start. Often, the engine spark plug may get damaged and needs replacement. The fuel line may also be malfunctioning or damaged. Damages or blockage in the carburetor, starter, and compression issues may be the cause.
The battery may get flat and fail to power the circuit. All you need is to have your generator checked for diagnosis and solution by a technician.
Are there specific appliances to power using my electric start portable generator?
Any electric device and appliance can get powered as long as the wattage allows. Get the sum of the powered gadgets and ensure it does not exceed the maximum wattage.
Else, you will have overloaded your generator, and if the circuit breaker does not stop it, you end up spoiling your motor. Always list your appliances and do the math in advance.
Where should I place my generator?
Always ensure that your generator is placed in a dry, cool and well-ventilated place. Also, avoid having any flammable materials in the vicinity.
You may use your house basement, a protected garden shed or garage as long as these requirements are met. Most users prefer building a special concrete based enclosure for the storage and operation of their generator.
Is it necessary to regularly operate my generator?
Regular starting and operating of your generator is among the recommended maintenance practices to keep your engine in good working condition.
It prevents the engine components from destruction by the oil and fuel inside. It is often recommended to have the generator running once in every month.
What should one do if the generator gets in contact with water?
When electricity comes into contact with water, a severe safety risk arises. The engine or any other component of your generator may get damaged.
You should only switch off the generator when your safety is not compromised. If chances of getting electrocuted exist, you should contact a professional technician or the sup[port services for advice. Leave your generator running for your safety comes first.
You need a generator that can be easily switched on in case of an emergency. More so, the generator should be enough to power all your home appliances when serving as your back up option, or other devices when camping. However, getting the most suitable generator for your specific needs requires advanced knowledge of the essential features to look at for an outstanding performance.
Also, create a list of the different appliances and devices to run using your generator to determine the optimum power of the generator you need. The fact that a generator s portable and has an electric start system means that you can move it to a location or site of your choice and quickly start the engine.
DuroMax XP5500EH 5000 watt Dual Fuel Hybrid generator with Electric Start is a perfect choice of the generator to purchase. It is outstanding in its design, power outlets, power rating, starting options, fuel consumption, longevity, among many other features.
You can use it regardless of the weather condition, for it comes with an E-Z pull recoil start system in case the electric start fails due to weather, battery drain, or other faults.
- Powerful DuroMax Engine: the XP12000EH is powered by a DuroMax, 457cc OHV engine.
- Dual fuel technology: the ability to run on propane or gasoline allows the freedom and flexibility...
- Plenty of power: with 12,000 starting watts and 9, 500 running watts, This unit can handle heavy...
- Maximum power: with DuroMax MX2 technology, get the maximum power from each of the 120 volt...
- Powering everyone anywhere: like all DuroMax generators, the XP12000EH is EPA and CARB approved For...
- Keep your family safe with 9500 starting watts and 7500 running watts of power
- Remote electric start allows users to turn the generator on and off from up to 160 feet away
- Transfer-switch-ready 30-amp 120V/240V NEMA L14-30R outlet perfect for emergency backup
- Packed panel includes four standard 120V 15-amp outlets, one RV-ready 120V 30-amp TT-30R outlet, one...
- Features an EPAIII and CARB compliant 420cc 4-stroke engine, a wheel and handle kit, a 6-gallon gas...
- 12, 000 peak watts/ 9, 500 Rated watts (gasoline) & 10, 800 peak watts/ 8, 550 Rated watts (LPG)
- Dual fuel capability allows you to choose between gasoline & LPG fuel sources; great for emergency...
- The 457cc, single cylinder, 4-stroke, air cooled, OHV engine with electric start is protected by a...
- A 8 gallon fuel tank gives you up to 12 hours of continuous operation at half load when running on...
- (4) 120V 20A AC outlets, (1) 120V/240V 30A twist-lock outlet, (1) 120V/240V 50A outlet, (1) 12V DC...
- 3700 Rated Watts and 4500 Peak Watts at Less Than 3% THD – Telescoping Handle – Gas Powered –...
- Features a 5–20R 120V Duplex Household Outlet, an RV-Ready Tt-30R 30 Amp Outlet and Two USB...
- Led Data Center: Rotating Digital Display Shows Fuel Level, Power Output, Remaining Run Time,...
- Extremely Quiet, Extremely Fuel Efficient: as Low as 52 dBA Noise Output and Up to 18 Hour Run Time...
- Tri-Fuel Technology - Your 8000-watt portable generator operates on natural gas, propane, or...
- Electric Start - Power up the 459cc Champion engine with the handy rocker switch, battery included
- Intelligauge with CO Shield - Track voltage, frequency, session run time, and total run time to...
- Powerful - Gasoline: 10,000 starting watts and 8000 running watts, propane: 9000 starting watts and...
- Champion Support - Includes 3-year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support from...
- Featuring power Rush advanced technology – delivers over 30% more starting capacity allowing you...
- Dimensions: 27.2" W x 27" D x 26.5 H | Weight: 198 lb
- 10000 Starting Watts. 8000 Running Watts
- Electric start Model for easy operation (Battery included)
- Generac durable OHV engine with splash lubrication provides a long engine life
- 12000 watt peak power, 9000 watt rated power(GAS); 9000 watt peak power, 7250 watt rated power(LPG)
- 18 HP 459cc OHV air cooled engine; Running time: 10 hrs @ 1/2 load; Operating Noise 76 dB
- Electric & Recoil Start; 8 Gallon Fuel Capacity; Low Oil Level Shut Down
- 2x AC Duplex 120V Outlet, 1x 120V/240V Twist-Lock Outlet, 1x 120V Twist-Lock Outlet, 1x 120/240V 50A...
- EPA Certified. Non C. A. R. B. Compliant, not available to ship to California
- 12, 000 starting watts/9, 000 running watts
- Epa, CARB for 50 States
- High performance alternator provides greater peak wattage which allows motor driven appliances and...
- Multiple front panel outlets. Ergonomically angled compact control panel with multiple outlets with...
- Powerful 459cc/16Hp engine. It's only single cylinder even for its big size. It delivers just power....
- Generic OHV 420cc engine with splash lubrication provides a long engine life
- Single touch electric start for hassle free start-up
- Low-oil level shutdown, covered outlets and hour meter
- Hardened 1-1/4" Steel tube cradle for added durability and strength and fold-down, locking handle...
- 2 years limited
- [EPA Certificated Engine] It will discharge less fuel gas in use, and won't cause pollution or do...
- [Main Features] electric start, an automatic voltage regulator and overload protection to maximize...
- [Powerful Engine]– The PROYAMA 230cc OHV engine is a workhorse that provides 4,700 surge watt and...
- [Low Oil Shut off]– Protects your investment by automatically shutting the generator off when it...
- [Power Panel]– TWO 5–20R 120V Household Duplex Receptacle, One RV-Ready TT-30R 30 Amp...
Last update on 2021-10-21 / This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API