Best Whole House Portable Generator
If you are an enthusiastic camper or RVer, you may have realized that smaller generators do not provide you enough power to run your appliances anymore. Also, backup system at your home may have failed to provide enough power for your whole house to cater for the increase in electronics and appliances.
You may now need a generator that will sustain your water heater, several refrigerators, entertainment devices, lighting, and such whole-house applications.
If you have such a problem, then getting a more powerful and bigger generator to keep your devices fully charged and running is likely what you need.
However, deciding on the most suitable whole house portable generator could prove a challenge for many that may attract your attention by their listed features. Reading through these five best whole house generator guide could guarantee a perfect choice on the generator to buy.
Westinghouse WGen7500 Portable Generator
- 7500 Running Watts and 9500 Peak Watts; Remote Start With Included Key Fob, Electric and Recoil Start; Up to 11 Hours of Run Time on a 6.6 Gallon Fuel...
- Features Two GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) 5-20R 120V Household Duplex Receptacle and One L14-30R 120/240V Twist-Lock Receptacle; All...
- Plug-and-Play: Comes with a Remote Start Key Fob, 12V Battery Charger, Oil, an Oil Funnel, a Tool Kit, and a User's Manual to Get You Started Right...
- Powered by a 420cc Westinghouse 4-Stroke OHV Engine Featuring a Long-Lasting Cast Iron Sleeve with Automatic Low Oil Shutdown and Digital Hour Meter....
- All Westinghouse Portable Generators are Functionally Tested in the Factory and May Contain Minimum Residual Oil and/or Fuel Odor; EPA and CARB...
This portable generator by Westinghouse is among the most reliable source of electric power that comes with a variety of advanced, premium attributes of great value.
It conveniently features a portable battery charger, a one-touch electric starting system, a remotely controlled start fob, a user-friendly control panel, and other service-oriented great features.
This generator is design to serve you in case of emergency backup needs at home, camping, tailgating, and other projects around your house.
Powerful Output: The WGen 7500 portable generator runs on a powerful, rugged 420cc engine. This 4-stroke gasoline-powered engine offers you 7500W of rated power. Such power is enough to support most of your appliances. When used for home power backup, it can support your home lighting, two refrigerators, a computer, TV, home theater, phone charging, a freezer, two sump pumps, and a gas-heater simultaneously. It enhances the modern life convenience.
Remote & Push Button Starting: The WGen7500 design offers you optimum convenience with a push button and a remote operated starting system. If pulling the recoil start generators is not your stuff, get this WGen7500 that simply requires a button push to start and stop or use a remote at the comfort of your couch. The attached battery charger jeeps your battery full for the generator to start whenever there is a need.
High Fuel Efficiency: The WGen7500 engine uses the advanced overhead-valve technology, which makes it economical in terms of fuel consumption. Its 6.6-gallon tank can sustain the generator by running for about 14 hours at half of its power load. This great feature makes the generator highly reliable when there is a power outage, and the gas is not readily available.
Ready Transfer Switch: The WGen7500 whole house portable generator by Westinghouse conveniently gives two outlets of 120V 20Aand a single 240/120V 30A outlets. You can easily connect the generator and use the transfer switch to readily and quickly power your whole house.
DuroMax XP12000EH Dual Fuel Portable Generator
- Powerful DuroMax Engine: the XP12000EH is powered by a DuroMax, 457cc OHV engine.
- Dual fuel technology: the ability to run on propane or gasoline allows the freedom and flexibility of fuel choice. Protects your investment by...
- Plenty of power: with 12,000 starting watts and 9, 500 running watts, This unit can handle heavy loads from lights and a refrigerator to a home air...
- Maximum power: with DuroMax MX2 technology, get the maximum power from each of the 120 volt receptacle. Choose between operating the generator at both...
- Powering everyone anywhere: like all DuroMax generators, the XP12000EH is EPA and CARB approved For use in all 50 States.
You may have imagined that every generator has an excellent performance, but this XP12000EH portable generator by DuroMax beat them all.
The 475cc dual-fuel powered engine is enough to support and power everything in your house in an emergency. Your whole house appliances, from the air condition to the refrigerator to the high power rated tool, can run for hours under the power of this 12000W combat portable generator.
Intuitive control panel: The generator's design is absolute and with keen interests of the user in mind, and so it has an informative control panel. You get to see all the information about your generator's performance, detect the flow of energy, and make the necessary adjustments. The control panel has a voltmeter, low oil alarm and indicator, idle control, and a circuit breaker.
Low noise: Most whole house portable generator engines are loud and may easily damage your hearing. However, the isolated motor of this generator is mounted together with the big noise lowering muffler that makes it quiet during operation. Also, the in-built spark arrestor provides a smooth and seamless performance when the generator is running.
Performance and longevity: DuroMax XP12000EH engine is quite powerful and can supply your home with energy for more than 10 hours. Its copper windings are also known to enhance the generator's longevity. The general design of this generator offers you satisfaction and lower your worries when an emergency or any form of power interruption happens. You are guaranteed to use up to 12000 watts of its power output.
Portability: This 475cc engine is easy to carry in any terrain. It comes fitted with a handle kit that runs on the rugged solid-fill rubber tires. Whether it is on a camping site, outside your home, or even helping out your friends, this DuroMax generator has the mobility and power to get every sort of electrical task done.
DuroMax XP10000E Whole House Portable Generator
- Powerful DuroMax Engine: the XP10000E is powered by a 439cc OHV DuroMax Engine
- Gas powered technology: run your generator with gasoline For long lasting power.
- Plenty of power: with 10,000 starting watts and 8,000 running watts, This unit can handle heavy loads from lights, refrigerators, home conditioners...
- Maximum power: with DuroMax MX2 technology, get the maximum power from each of the 120 volt receptacle. Choose between operating the generator at both...
- Powering everyone anywhere: like all DuroMax generators, the XP10000E is EPA and CARB approved For use in all 50 States.
DuroMax XP10000E is among the powerful generators produced by DuroMax. If you have been worried about how to run your whole house electric appliances as if power was not interrupted, then this is the generator to acquire.
It comes with a control panel that is fully loaded and serves as the generator’s control center. This DuroMax whole house portable generator is designed to offer you a safe and secure stay in any form of power outage. More so, the generator design is keen on every detail for high performance.
Loaded control panel: The control center of your generator has proper calibration and writings for ease of operation. You get to find the keyed electric start, idle control, RV switch, voltmeter, engine shutdown button, and the circuit breakers. You are assured of getting the full power to sustain every application at home from the different 120 volts receptacles. You can also choose whether to have the generator running at the 240 volts and 120 volts concurrently.
Low noise: This generator is CARB and EPA approved and confirmed safe for use in home and outdoor events. Some of the features that make it eco-friendly include the quiet exhaust that has a spark arrestor. This machine operates at 72 dBA while on load, and the noise can go as low as 45 dBA when its idle control gets engaged. You are sure of not waking up your neighbors with loud Subaru sounds, or disturbing wildlife while camping in the parks.
Portability: The generator comes with solid filled tire wheels, a stowaway handle, and a flip-up inside its packaging box. It is also designed with a smooth and gentle body to your hands when carrying or handling it. The generators durable steel frame has four motor mounts that enable its smooth and quiet operation. The all-terrain plastic tires offer flexibility and enhance mobility on both smooth and rough surfaces.
Generac 5734 GP15000E 15000 Whole House Portable Generator
- Generac 992cc OHVI engine incorporates full pressure lubrication with automotive style spin on oil filter for a longer life engine
- Electric start with battery (included) and plug-in battery charger jack
- Hour Meter / Low-oil level shutdown / Idle control reduces noise and conserves fuel
- 16 gallons fuel tank provides up to 10 hours of run time at 50% load
- Hardened 1 1/4" steel tube cradle for added durability and strength with an integrated lifting eye for easy transport and security on the jobsite
If you are a homeowner who is searching for a power backup solution for your whole house and other duties, then the Generac GP15000E is your best choice in the market.
This powerful portable generator has features and output channels that ensure that every electric essential you have will remain running during power outages.
It is also suitable for your RV traveling with an enhanced nomad lifestyle. You can also count on it when you need a power source to keep you working when other power options fail.
Power and runtime: The 99cc Generac OHVI 4-stroke gasoline engine powers this generator. The motor is then rated to offer 22500 watts at peak and 15000 watts as the running wattage. You can easily use either the 240 or 120 volts option. It comes fitted with a rechargeable battery to power the simple but elegantly working electric starter. You can have it running form about 10 hours while at 50% load using the 16 gallons tank at capacity.
Safety features: GP15000E has a sophisticated control panel which serves as its digital data center. It offers information about the status and activities of the generator, such as its lifetime run hours. The GP15000E also has a built-in fuel gauge for more comfortable, quick, and convenient fuel level checking.
The low oil automated shut-off feature ensures the engine is not spoilt when it runs out of oil. The circuit breaker protects instances of an overload. It also comes with an easy to follow manual and other documentation to ensure that the generator gets started in the right way.
Multiple power outlets: It has a control panel that features eight alternating current power outlets. These outputs include the duplex 5-20R GFCI, duplex 50-20R. two L5-30R receptacles, 120/240V 14-50R, and 120/240V 14-50R receptacles. Additionally, this whole house portable generator features one direct current power outlet. The 12V 10A receptacle is significant in your recharging of batteries.
Portability: The Generac GP15000E generator is painstakingly designed with a conventional and open frame measuring L48.5" x W31" x H39.5". The design is considered ideal for rugged environments and other outdoor uses. The sturdy steel frame has four endpoints that support and raise the motor from the ground. One can easily move it comes fitted with a handle and wheel kit. Also, this machine's top frame has a lift hook for safe loading and offloading during transportation.
Champion 3800-Watt Portable Generator
- Dual Fuel: Operate your 3800-watt portable generator right out of the box on either gasoline or propane, plus the unit holds 0.6-quarts of oil...
- Electric Start: Power up the 224cc Champion engine with the handy toggle switch, battery included
- Intelligauge: Keep track of voltage, hertz and run-time hours to easily monitor power output and track maintenance intervals. Dimensions-26.3 x 24.8 x...
- Outlets: One 120V 30A RV outlet (TT-30R), one 120V 30A locking outlet (L5-30R) and two 120V 20A household outlets (5-20R) - trust Volt Guard built-in...
- Champion Support: Includes 3-year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support from dedicated experts
This medium-sized v portable generator by Champion is both powerful and versatile. The Champion 224cc propane of gas-fueled engine pumps about 3800 running wattage and 4750 starting wattage.
Such power is enough to sustain the working of your house appliance without you noticing any variations. This Champion generator can also run for more than 9 hours while 50% loaded.
Its low noise level, 68 dBA, makes it perfect for your home use without creating discomforts in your neighborhoods or damaging your ears.
RV Ready: The 3800-Watt Champion power portable generator got designed with the RV users in mind. It comes fitted with the standard 30A RV power outlet. Therefore, the generator can power most of your electrical appliances at home and even accommodate more in the future. It is your perfect selection for your home safe and secure power backup.
Dual Fuel: While using this whole house portable generator, you are at the luxury of deciding to run it with either propane or gasoline. It comes with a huge gasoline tank and a built-in propane inlet. You do not need additional configurations to use either of the fuels.
Volt Guard Technology: This generator by Champion comes with a built-in volt guard to prevent your power-sensitive devices against power surges and voltage spikes. The technology used here is also helpful in avoiding overloads.
Touch Start: If pulling the recoil start is not your thing, this super easy starting generator is all you need. It comes with a battery-powered push-button electric start. The built-in battery remains fully charged when the generator is running.
Design and portability: This generator is designed using long-lasting and robust material. None of its edges has been cut short. It also comes with sturdy steel foldable handle and the never-flat rubber tires for easier portability on any terrain.
Questions About Whole House Portable Generators
Can the Whole House Portable Generator Get Used Indoors?
No, portable generators should never get used indoors. The carbon monoxide they release from their exhausts is classified as harmful gas and may lead to serious health issues when inhaled. It may even worse in areas with limited ventilation, the likes of your garage or home.
How Much Should My Whole House Generator Cost Me?
The cost of your generator is dependent on several factors, including its features. Some of these include its portability, wattage, unit features, among others. Typically, portable generators are relatively expensive compared to standby generators.
You also need to factor the maintenance plan and longevity of the generator. However, always remember that the monetary value is not what should solely inform your buying decision. A good generator creates power reliability, protection, and comfort to your family.
Is There A Difference Between Running Watts and Starting Watts?
Yes. Starting or surge wattage is the short period peak wattage that the whole house generator provides to your devices. Running or rated wattage is the incessant operating wattage. You need to always factor the running wattage before purchasing your portable generator, for it represents how much power it can deliver continually.
Are Generator Wheels An Essential Feature To Consider?
The portability aspect of your whole house generator is a crucial factor always to consider. Most of them weigh more than a hundred pounds. Having a wheel kit or wheels makes it convenient for you to carry it to your preferred designated location. You do not have to lift it, but comfortably pull it on any terrain.
Are Dual Fuel Portable Generators Reliable?
Having a whole house generator that can run on both propane and gasoline offers you an option of using either of the available fuel. Propane is eco-friendly, cleaner, and accessible due to its long shelf life. You can easily buy and store propane at home as a backup fuel option, and thus making the generator more reliable.
Having a whole house portable generator is helpful as it keeps you free from any worries of power outage incidences. Most of them come fitted with incredible features and are powerful enough to keep all your gadgets and appliances running.
Depending on the number of your home appliances, the generators to suit your needs may significantly vary. However, you need a generator that is economical to buy, run, and make you feel safe and comfortable.
Every portable generator that has enough power for your essential devices is valuable. But, the Champion 3800W portable generator stands out as the most useful machine to suit your needs. It has outstanding features and powerful enough to run all your home electronics.
Having read this piece, you now need to factor in your needs, ability, and other considerations when going for this top-quality whole house portable generator.
- Switch between gasoline (11,000 surge watts, 8,300 running watt) and propane (9,500 surge, 7,500...
- Voltage easily goes from 120V to 240V, perfect for transfer switches and emergency backup
- Electric start powers the 457cc 4-stroke OHV engine with the turn of a key
- 6.6-gallon tank provides up to 8.5 hours of half load run time
- Includes four 120V GFCI outlets (5-20R), a 120V 30A twist lock outlet (L5-30R), a 120V/240V 50A...
- Ultra-Powerful – At 15,000 starting watts and 12,000 running watts, enjoy up to 9 hours of run...
- Electric Start – Trust the reliable 717cc V-Twin Champion engine with its battery-included...
- Covered Outlets – One 120V 30A locking, a 120/240V 30A locking, a 120/240V 50A and four 120V 20A...
- Lift Hook – Designed for safe and easy transport, loading and unloading, plus the Intelligauge...
- Champion Support – includes 3-year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support from...
- Totally Automatic – The ATS50 Emergency Essentials Automatic Transfer Switch has 8 available...
- Quietest-in-Class – Thanks to advanced sound dampening and a specially designed low-tone muffler,...
- Reliable – 24-volt starting system operates in sub-zero or extreme heat (between -22° F and 104°...
- Powerful – The 8.5-kilowatt generator provides 8500 watts of continuous power on propane and 7500...
- Champion Support – Includes 10-year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support from...
- Up to whole house protection with the 200 Amp, NEMA 3R (aluminum outdoor enclosure) smart switch
- Smart, User-friendly controls; Generac evolution controller features a multilingual LCD display that...
- 240 volts supply
- Receive real time status updates
- 9500 Running Watts and 12500 Peak Watts (Gasoline); 8500 Running Watts, 11200 Peak Watts (Propane);...
- Features Two GFCI 120V 5–20R Standard Household Receptacle, One Transfer Switch Ready 120V...
- Powered by a Heavy Duty 457cc Westinghouse 4-Stroke OHV Engine Featuring a Long-Lasting Cast Iron...
- Plug-and-Play: Comes With a Propane Regulator, Remote Start Key Fob, 12V Battery Charger, Oil, an...
- All Westinghouse Portable Generators are Functionally Tested in the Factory and May Contain Minimum...
- Audio CD – Audiobook
- English (Publication Language)
- 03/01/2019 (Publication Date) - Geffen (Publisher)
- MOVIE THEATER STYLE POPCORN AT HOME: Whether it is movie night on the couch or a special event you...
- 2.5 OZ. NON-STICK STAINLESS STEEL KETTLE: Traditional stir-style popcorn kettle holds 2.5 ounces of...
- WHEELS & HANDLE FOR EASY MOBILITY: Large wheels and handle allow for effortless portability
- POPCORN TRAY: Collects the Popcorn and Provides simple serving and easy clean up
- ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS: View our easy to follow video on this page for assembly help!
- Whole home indoor, gas powered tankless water heater, rated at 4 GPM that activates only on demand...
- Sleek, modern design with black tempered glass front panel featuring an easy to use LED display...
- Features fully automatic temperature controls with an energy saving mode and child lock technology
- Safe electronic ignition system; Plugs into standard 110v electrical outlet with UL-listed cord
- Uses standard 1/2" NPT water fittings and comes with horizontal venting allowing for a convenient...
- 12000 Running Watts and 15000 Peak Watts; Electric Start and Remote Start with Included Key Fob; Up...
- Features Two GFCI 120V 5–20R Standard Household Receptacles, One 120V L5-30R Outlet, One Transfer...
- Powered by the Ultra Duty 713cc OHV V-Twin Westinghouse Engine Featuring a Long-Lasting Cast Iron...
- Plug-and-Play: Comes With a Remote Start Key Fob, 12V Battery Charger, Oil, an Oil Funnel, a Tool...
- True power technology delivers best-in class power quality (less than 5% thd) for Smooth operation...
- Includes a 200 amp NEMA 3 (indoor/ outdoor rated) whole house Smart transfer switch
- Generac evolution controller features LED indicators for generator status, utility power presence or...
- Tough, durable all-weather aluminum enclosure offers 3 removable sides for easy access for...
- Battery not included. Generac Battery 7043 5819 Sold Separately.
Last update on 2022-08-14 / This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API